Day 3: The Barnes and Noble Adventure!

I think my manga-esque title is a cute icing on an otherwise drab title-cake.

This trip just made me realize the value of a dollar. Just when you thought you had 50 dollars, Barnes and Noble tricked you into thinking you had more...and you end up with 20 dollars less than what you recently had.

And to think this is just the first 4 days of my vacation here in the States.

Barnes and Noble is a very queer looking place. It looks like a normal bookstore, but it's actually a bookstore/library, meaning you can pick out a book you like, and read it right there and then, without the guilty feeling and the suspicious looks from passersby.

My purpose for visiting this quaint receptacle of knowledge is to see if they're packing the latest episodes of the Naruto manga. I just felt so psyched to see Naruto all tall and lean looking *spoiler?* and Hinata all puffed up in all the right places *spoiler!* that I thought I should have a copy of that. Unfortunately, all they're packing are the Chuunin exams. Imagine my disappointment! Imagine me almost buying FHM starring Torrie Wilson (T-T-Torrie!)! Imagine me buying the manga "I's" instead!

The manga I'm talking about, of course, will be featured in a future issue of my blog.

Oh well, nothing much to report, besides the fact that I'm missing a lot of people right now. It's hard to be a milk chocolate bar in a white bread world. But in all respect, these people know how to price their stuff. What may be 400 pesos in the Phillies is worth 4 dollars here...which is what, 200 bucks sa pera natin?! It's a freaking steal! Este...laki ng patong!!!

Anyway, off till the next shopping spree!

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. HI GEORGIEEEEEE I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR SHOPPING SPREE ....YUNG "BRA KO AT TAMPONS NI MAW" WAG MONG KALIMUTAN!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY KA HA LOVE YOU HAHAHAHA

    SI PRINCESS TO. PINILIT KO SI JOBOY NA GAMITIN YUNG BLOGGER NIYA.
    (MALUFET NA TAWA)

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)