4 ON THE FLOOR Week 11: Americatatonic

4 ON THE FLOOR is a weekly look at the history, the passion, and the puzzle that is the Dark Lich's blog. All of it in celebration of it's 4th anniversary.



Is it a telling sign when you'd rather stay in the office for aircon, sleep and free internet than to go back home and sleep in a bed for 3 hours?

Yes, yes it is.

**********

America. That's where it's at.

I know, I know. It seems like everybody and their mother or dachshund wants to set foot on the Star Spangled Nation. I know I did, and it was one of the most humbling, exciting, excruciating and wonderfully mind-blowingly awesome things that has ever happened to me.

Up to now I'm still salivating at the memories of every single awesome thing I've experienced back there. I hung out for hours at Barnes & Noble reading graphic novels and manga to the point of wanting to set up a bed and just make it my permanent address. I ate at Denny's, In & Out, Taco Bell, Applebee's and White Castle, accumulating enough cholesterol to make Marlon Brando proud. I remember watching TV until the Girls Gone Wild commercials come on, and I wouldn't get tired of them replaying themselves a couple of times until I fall asleep.

I visited my very first comic book shop, Hot Comics in New Hope, and I remember freaking out the store employees for taking almost an hour just walking around and browsing comics until deciding to buy just one comic book to give for my friend's birthday (being the only foreigner in the shop and wearing a leather trench coat while doing this didn't help matters probably). I recall fondly passing out at the mind-blowing price mark-off on books at Book Warehouse...I'm still furious at myself for not having enough dollah-dollah bills to buy out the whole damn store.

And of course, the cherry topping this whole experience is driving for two days to New York and officially rendering me catatonic due to extreme geekgasm at seeing Times Square up close.

No Naked Cowboy, though, so I consider my last trip a failure.

But at least it gave lots of interesting blog fodder!

And speaking of blog fodder, we still have TONS more to talk about, as we near the 4th anniversary of this blog! It's gonna get creepy, it's gonna get stinky, but like all good stories, it's gonna come out all right in the end! So let's keep talking! If you have anything you would like to discuss from this post (I wonder if the people from Hot Comics read my blog?), then the comment form below is your best friend.

Meanwhile, I've got to take a break. All that mind-blowing takes a lot out of you. Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

0 Comments