4 ON THE FLOOR Week 9: Did you just say ANIME?!

4 ON THE FLOOR is a weekly look at the history, the passion, and the puzzle that is the Dark Lich's blog. All of it in celebration of it's 4th anniversary.



I love telling people that my job consists of me watching anime all day, and most through the night. All the way through the wee hours of the morning. It automatically equals fun!

Of course, I don't tell them that after I watch said anime, I then write scripts to sell them to potential advertisers and viewers, then capture clips from dozens of tapes to a computer for about an hour and a half so I can make a sequential video 30-45 seconds long. After which I sit down to post-production, putting on graphics, sounds, and other bells and whistles and hope that the finished product will get past the judgment of my boss, his boss, their bosses and the managing director before even having the hope of being aired.

So yeah, I get paid to watch anime all day. Very lucrative if you ask me. If not for, you know, the writing/capturing/editing/post-production/checking/hoping part.

But hey, this job made me into somewhat of a minor celebrity in certain local otaku circles. I can't even go to a local anime convention without people saying "You're the voice-over guy?!" and cute girls in schoolgirl and fantasy uniforms wanting to take pictures with me. And you just can't beat recognition like that.

And so I continue slogging off through the wee hours of the morning, churning out plugs left and right (these days mostly in the right), safe in the thought that I'm now an important fixture in anime culture.

Just don't let my bosses know that I think so.

So what do YOU do that's so important? I really wanna know! And while you're at it, keep checking back for more 4 ON THE FLOOR! More history! More madness! More excuses to why I only post once every 4 months! It's an anniversary like you won't believe!

Post a Comment

0 Comments