Happy Anniversary, Behold the Geek!


This is it! After four years of stops, skids and speeding tickets, we have finally come to the day of days!

Yes, people! On this very hour of October 16, 2004 a guy came up with a brilliant idea of putting up a blog to post his Happy Thoughts, only to be a sissy about it and change his mind four years later and turn it into a comic book-slash-pop culture blog! Since then it's been growing fast and I'm loving every minute of it! I've reached the 101st mark, made many people laugh, cry or asplode their heads, had more than 100 page views the last few months alone, and basically turn this shoddy afterthought into a rising force (?) for comic geekdom!

I want to thank first the following: God, my parents, my sweetie, Stan Lee, Whilce Portacio, the creative team of X-Man, Joe Madureira, Frank Cho, my best friends who logged in and checked out the site out of pity (you've done wonders for my analytics!), all the comic book/gaming forums and blogs out there for giving me blog ideas, Jolibee's 2-piece Burger Steak meal and the Jolly Spaghetti for when I just don't know what to do anymore, my office's blazing internet speeds and unfirewalled access for obvious reasons, Maria Ozawa, Hayden Panettiere, David Cook, David Soul, Michael Cretu, Michael Turner (miss ya, Mike) and everybody/thing else that contributed to the growth of this blog.

And with that, let's give the dawg a cheer!



Happy 4th Anniversary
BEHOLD THE GEEK!*



Awesome.

And yes, it is the start of a beautiful friendship.




*Yes I'm totally aware that I've just switched names a couple of months ago so I shouldn't consider this the anniversary of Behold the Geek, but in my defense I probably just misnamed my blog and it was really Behold the Geek to begin with but it didn't know its true destiny until now, so yeah technically it's been Behold the Geek all this time but we didn't know it so I can celebrate in peace. Word!

Post a Comment

0 Comments