Marvel Legends Fan Poll Results!

Man oh man...just when I thought I was out...you pull me back in!


For those out of the loop, Hasbro (ye olde makers of Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe) recently made the Marvel Legends Fans Choice Poll, asking fans which three characters do they want included in the next Marvel Legends 2-pack wave. The poll listed a lot of familiar names (Hulk, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc) and some freaking obscure ones (like Brother Voodoo, Bi-beast and Nuke [who the hell is Nuke?!]). A lot of discussion got bandied around the internets, and a lot of votes were cast. Now the results are out, and the top three emerged as crowd favorites.

Top 1: Deadpool

Top 2: Valkyrie

Top 3: Black Widow


The results are sending people into a frenzy. The toy forums I frequent have casual collectors happy to get updates of new characters, with hardcore collectors bitching that they won't get new, obscure characters like Terror Inc. or Phantomex and accusing people of wasting their votes on Deadpool! I love the smell of facepalm in the morning.

I voted for Black Widow, Havok and Ms. Marvel, and even though I was 1 out of 3, I'm happy to at least get a Black Widow with a sculpt that won't make me want to dry heave (I'm looking at you, ML8 Black Widow!). And since I like figures with guns, that Deadpool is already a lock for me too, so it's all good! These three characters will be joined by three of Hasbro's picks which will be announced 'soon'.

To be honest, whatever the hell Hasbro's picks are is entirely moot. Black Widow, prepare to join your Mighty Avengers family soon!

Post a Comment

0 Comments