Marvel Legends Avengers Endgame wave review: Ronin, Hercules, BAF Thanos


Hasbro has been absolutely spoiling us with their recent Marvel Legends offerings, and the latest wave is no exception. Let's check out the choice action figures I got from the Marvel Legends Avengers Endgame wave!

Thanos is an all-new sculpt, based on his final form in Avengers: Endgame. The armor looks menacing, full of sculpted grooves and sharp layers that really brings the image together. His snarling helmeted face is the only one included with the fig, so you'll definitely need the previous MCU Thanos Build-a-Figures if you want an un-helmeted one.



I love how they translated Ronin into action figure form. The details and sculpting are spot on, but it pains me that Hasbro just went with a featureless potato for a head. Would it have killed to have angry eyes sculpted in there? The soft plastic "vest" hides the accurately-sculpted torso, and I think a vest-less Ronin looks good as a screen-accurate Endgame Hawkeye if you so wished.


Marvel's Hercules is a bare-chested beefcake of a figure, and easily my favorite and most-anticipated out of the wave. Based on the character's new look during his short-lived 2016 series under Dan Abnett, Hercules sports a man-bun and a sly smirk that puts the headsculpt among the best I've seen from Marvel Legends so far.


Articulation-wise, Thanos does what it can with armor that hinders some of his movement. The ab crunch is a godsend, but the lack of rocker ankles and waist swivel is the biggest travesty. I guess you could pose him just standing there menacingly, but that's a poor showing for the MCU's biggest bad guy. I also seem to have a bum figure, with both arms not pegging into the shoulders properly, causing them to pop off at the slightest touch. It's not something you can look out for, but I hope this is just an anomaly.


Hercules on the other hand is a well-articulated figure, with pretty much all the action figure joints you need to pull off some impressive poses. It's obvious they poured their heart and soul into making this fig, and we're all the better for it.


Fitting for a limber assassin, Ronin is the most articulated of this bunch if not for the soft plastic "vest" that basically nullifies the ab crunch and waist swivel the figure actually has. I've modded my Ronin following the "fix" floating around the interwebs that gives him better torso range even with the vest, but even then I would rather not have mutilated my perfectly good figure to fix what shouldn't have been a problem in the first place!


What I love about Marvel Legends these days is that when they give figures accessories, they push it to the limit! Hercules has extra hands and a big burly sword and sword-mace to smash foes with, while Ronin has two swords and an extra hand simulating him throwing shuriken at baddies. Thanos, being a B.A.F., only gets the sword-y thing he used in the movie. It's molded in flat gray plastic, which I guess means Hasbro loves giving customizers extra income.


Ronin and Hercules have minimal paint apps, and whatever paint they have were applied well, so I have no complaints. The gold trim on Ronin's costume looks great, and the "chest hair" on Herc is a nice touch! But I don't like the copper-sh paint they used for Thanos' non-armor parts (and from what I've gathered, it's not even screen-accurate!), not to mention the armor could have used a black wash for the details to pop. As it is, the mighty Thanos looks mighty plain even with all that intricate armor. I guess my panel-lining pen is going to see some action today.


Hercules, Thanos, and Ronin are fine action figures and will find homes in many collections. As much as Thanos is my homeboy and I'm glad we have a version of him I've wanted to have for so long, the blandness of the entire fig and it's QC issues leave much to be desired. Hercules emerges as the standout of the set, a welcome update to a beloved character and packed with all the good stuff Marvel Legends should have.


I hope this review has been useful for you! Who's your favorite MCU Marvel Legend? Let's talk about it in the comment box below! Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

0 Comments