The Behold the Geek! Primer

I’ve actually been waiting for the brand-spankin’ New Year to roll around for quite some time now, and for good reason. With the new year, Behold the Geek! gets to start ‘from the ground floor’, so to speak…you’re just in time to hitch a ride! With that in mind, let me take this time to put you up to speed on what Behold the Geek! is all about.

Behold the Geek! is a comic book blog that deals with all things comic book-related and awesome, from here in the Philippines to everywhere else in the world. It doesn’t matter if you’re a die-hard aficionado or you just like to look at the pretty pictures…if you’ve held, read, perused and otherwise enjoyed a comic book, this blog'll fit you like a glove. I created this blog to have a place to write about comic books, the driving force of my geeky life, and to interact and keep in touch with the millions (…aand MILLIONS!) of comic book fans around the world.

So what’s in it for you guys? We’ve got comic book news and reviews, the occasional comic book-related toy and movie review, and all sorts of fun stuff that can be found without and within the pages of funnybooks everywhere…all indescribably enunciated by yours truly.

Aside from the occasional rambling post, I’ve got some regular ‘columns’ you might want to check out. For reviews of the monthlies that come out each week, check back every Friday for My Week in Comics. I also shed light on some of the better and sometimes obscure webcomics (they’re comics too, you know) out there in Webcomics I Love, which is up on Wednesdays. If you want to see some Top 5 lists (there are lots of you out there, I heard) or just want to see me try my hand at horrible comedy, there’s Top 5 Thursdays, which is as self-explanatory as I can make it. :)

Oh, and if you think I wrote a funny or insightful or horrible or mind-numbingly wrong post, don’t be afraid to leave a comment! I appreciate every comment I get, for they tell me when I did a good job, where I totally messed up or where I need to improve. So if you wanna see some better stuff the next time you visit, leave me a comment and let’s talk about it!

So, I hope you enjoy what you see in this blog, and I hope you stick with me as we travel upon the road not-so-less travelled, where guys and girls in tights are the norm, and where you can leave the crummy reality we all live in and escape to the four-color world of comic books!

Or at least, the good ones anyway. :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments