Webcomics I Love: Hereville

HerevilleI know nothing about Jewish people, and I don't claim to know anything about them...except that Orthodox Jewish girls with a penchant for killing dragons with sharp swords are awesome. Which brings us to one of the Webcomics I Love, Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword.

Our hero is the aforementioned Mirka, who is living a not-so-orthodox life in Hereville with her dad and stepmom. While she's kept busy knitting and slacking off after school, she daydreams about being, of all things, a dragon slayer (The girl dreams big, don't she? ).Unfortunately for her, the only available sword to kill them with is in the possession of a smart-mouthed troll in the mysterious woods! Will she live to slay dragons, or be troll fodder?

The story may be finished, but it's still a fun read. Not only that, but this is the only webcomic that's got me learning stuff. The comic is pretty steeped in Jewish lore and culture, as well as a few Yiddish terms that would make you talk like Brian Bendis in no time (not that anyone actually wants that...). I mean, where else can I find a webcomic that has me knowing what a behaimeh or machashaifeh is?

Take a few minutes off your day and read Hereville right now!

Post a Comment

0 Comments