Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon

When a movie's got a burly, bearded viking beating the crap out of an enormous dragon (that just happened to be set on fire) with his bare hands in the first 10 minutes, you just know it's gonna be good. And How to Train Your Dragon, Dreamworks' latest offering, is exactly that.


Okay, it's not just good. I think it's safe to say that How to Train Your Dragon blows every dragon movie out of the skies. It's a visual treat, with cute and endearing characters, adrenaline-pumping action, and very innovative dragon designs. And when watch all that in a fully 3D experience? Roller coasters got nothing on the sheer thrill of seeing Toothless (the titular Dragon) soar through skies that go on forever, do barrel rolls, and dive headfirst towards the ground at breakneck speeds. I was literally clutching my arm rest and holding my breath as I watched the ground grow closer and closer and closer!

The story is just as great. Kids will love Hiccup's antics as the bumbling Viking wannabe with something to prove, and guys like me will most probably be inspired by Hiccup's intestinal fortitude, taking on all challenges despite being scared out of his wits, but getting the job done anyway. Hey, when you've got one of the rarest and most powerful dragons on your side, you get to brag a little. I know I would!

How to Train Your Dragon will make you chortle, cry and scream "Awesome!!!1!11eleven!1" from beginning to end. And trust me, you'd want to see it till the end. Watch it, watch it, watch it. In 3D!

Post a Comment

0 Comments